2018 Ducati Diavel Diesel
The world belongs to the bold
Diavel combines athletic manoeuvrability with extraordinary riding comfort. Bursting with attitude, it’s just asking to be ridden.
- A statement of personality: The Diavel project was born when Ducati designers applied their wish-list of a bike's "basic instincts" to a blank canvas. With a "what if?" approach to creating a dream bike, they sketched inspiring forms which became a low, long, sleek and aggressive motorcycle that was born to dominate the boulevard.
- Design Diavel: The muscular design of the Diavel is enriched with details that confirm its uniqueness and emphasise its lines. The finish to the exhaust system and the exclusive wheels of the Carbon version enhance its bold sobriety.
- Statement of power: The Testastretta 11° DS is a real assertion of power and fluidity. Its 152 hp and 123 Nm guarantee breathtaking acceleration and pickup.
- No compromise: The redesigned, more comfortable seat offers more room and has a low height of 770 mm, which allows for extended hours of riding pleasure and makes the Diavel accessible to a wide range of riders
- 30.000 km Desmo Service: In designing each bike, Ducati constantly strives to ensure maximum reliability while reducing service costs. A commitment that has seen the intervals for the main Desmo Service, in which valve clearance is checked and adjusted if necessary, to be extended to 30,000 km for the Diavel.
- Diavel Diesel: The standard equipment of the Diavel Diesel includes: hand brushed steel tank cover, passenger seat cover and flyscreen with weldings and rivets, black anodized side air intakes with weldings and red methacrylate covers with machined Diesel mark, leather seat and billet mirrors.
- Engine: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,198.4 cc
- Bore for Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm (4.17 x 2.67 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 112 kW (152 hp) @ 9,000 rpm
- Torque: 123 Nm (91 lb-ft) @ 8,000 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection, Elliptical throttle bodies, Ride-by-wire controlled
- Exhaust: Black stainless steel muffler with aluminium machined end caps, Catalyzer and 2 lambda probes, Manifolds coated with black ceramic Zircotec
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=27/20, 4=24/22, 5=23/24, 6=22/25
- Final Drive: Chain drive, 5 red links, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame with numbered plate
- Front Suspension: Marzocchi fully adjustable 50 mm usd fork
- Front Wheel: Light alloy, 14-spoke, 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs rear shock with progressive linkage, Remote spring preload adjustment, Single-sided aluminium swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Light alloy, 14-spoke, 8.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 240/45 ZR17
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 120 mm (4.7 in.) / 120 mm (4.7 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, Red radial Brembo monobloc 4-piston callipers with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brake: 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Two-level instrumentation: upper red LCD screen, lower color TFT screen
Dimensions and Weights
- Kerb Weight (KERB): 239 kg (527 lb.)
- Seat Height: 770 mm (30.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,580 mm (62.6 in.)
- Rake: 28 deg.
- Front Wheel Trail: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Number of Seat: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: Bosch cornering ABS, Ducati Traction control (DTC),Riding Modes
- Standard Equipment: Power Modes, RbW, Hands-Free, Full-LED headlight, Front turnsignals with guidelight, Hand brushed steel tank cover, passenger seat cover and flyscreen with weldings and rivets, Black anodized side air intakes with weldings and red methacrylate covers with machined Diesel mark, Leather seat, Billet mirrors, Bike cloth, Rear stand
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- Valve Clearance Adjustment (Desmoservice): 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
Emissions and Consumption
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 133 g/km
- Consumption: 5.7 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11 deg., L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 1,198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.17 x 2.67 in. (106 x 67.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection, Elliptical throttle bodies, Ride-by-wire controlled
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain drive, 5 red links, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z43
- Front Suspension
- Marzocchi fully adjustable 50 mm usd fork
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable rear shock with progressive linkage. Remote spring preload adjustment. Single-sided aluminium swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, Red radial Brembo monobloc 4-piston callipers with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Fully adjustable Sachs rear shock with progressive linkage, Remote spring preload adjustment, Single-sided aluminium swingarm
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 240/45 ZR17
- 62.6 in. (1,580 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.3 in. (770 mm)
- 28 deg.
- 5.1 in. (130 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 527 lb. (239 kg)
- Rusty Grey