2019 Triumph SCRAMBLER 1200 XE
Stock Image: Fusion White and Brooklands Green
The top-specification all-new Scrambler 1200 XE represents the ultimate in motorcycling freedom. A motorcycle that enjoys unparalleled road and off-road capability, with a commanding riding position and an ergonomically optimized set-up that handles every bit as naturally on the tarmac as it does doing what even the most focused adventure bike can do, plus of course, full-on scrambling.
With a beautiful combination of poise, iconic design and premium finish, married to class-leading road-focused capability and a whole new benchmark in off-road scrambling performance - the result is nothing short of breath-taking.
The equipment specification, which includes premium Öhlins long travel rear suspension and Brembo M50 brakes, is without doubt category dominating. We’ve also packed the XE with advanced technology to give the rider everything that’s needed to approach every ride with poise and assurance, with class-leading features that include cornering optimized ABS and traction control, and 6 riding modes including Off-Road Pro.
To further reflect its top-of-the-range status, there are many premium finishes and details that are exclusive to the 1200 XE, and over 80 custom Scrambler 1200 accessories and two inspiration kits to help spec up your scrambler to go everywhere you need – from town, to touring, to tearing up the desert.
- First-In-Class Dual-Purpose Capability: The Scrambler 1200 XE has been fine-tuned to deliver thrilling ‘any road’ all-day comfort with genuine adventure and scrambling capability. This incredible level of dual-purpose dynamic riding capability is achieved with a high spec combination of motorcycle engineering that includes longer wheel travel Öhlins rear suspension unit, longer travel Showa upside-down forks, Brembo brakes, and side-laced wheels with adventure-focused tubeless Metzeler Tourance tires.
- Exceptional Performance, Technology & Style: The top-of-the-range XE is leading the next step in scrambling with phenomenal road-going ability together with even more advanced off-road specification. The torque-rich 1200cc Bonneville engine, a sculpted twin high level exhaust with an exquisite signature scrambler soundtrack, and Optimized Cornering ABS and Traction Control supported by an Inertial Measurement Unit all combine for the best possible riding experience. In addition, even more class-leading state-of-the-art technology is built in, including 6 riding modes, to give a confidence-inspiring ride whatever adventures you approach.
- A class-defining motorcycle that’s ready to lead the next scrambling revolution: Meet all road and scrambling challenges with the ultimate in style and poise; the new Scrambler 1200s have a world-class engineering specification (and the capability to customise your ride) that defines a whole new level of 21st century scrambling.
- State-of-the-art rider-focused technology for maximum ride enjoyment: An unparalleled class-leading technology specification sets an incredible standard, with a totally unique fusion of cutting edge rider-focused equipment that delivers a thrilling, responsive, confidence-inspiring ride on the road, and off-it.
- Personalise your custom classic with two inspiration kits and over 80 accessories: Two all-new inspiration kits showcase the range of Scrambler 1200 touring and luggage options, as well as its off-road and stripped-back custom style, bringing a whole new level of custom inspiration to this incredible motorcycle range.
- Cornering Optimized ABS & Traction Control with IMU: Exclusive to the XE model, advanced Cornering Optimized ABS & Traction Control deliver greater stability for the rider, even in extreme conditions. This is facilitated by an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which manages how components work together to deliver a superior riding experience.
- Six Riding Modes: Each of the six riding modes – Road, Rain, Sport, Off-Road, Rider-Configurable and Off-Road Pro – that are available on the XE adjust throttle response, ABS & traction control settings to suit riding conditions.
- Longer Travel USD Forks: The XE’s premium top specification upside down Showa cartridge front forks are fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound to maximize ride comfort, and have 250mm of travel (50mm more than the XC model).
- Longer Travel Rear Suspension: To maximize your scrambling options, the Öhlins twin spring rear suspension unit is fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound, and offers 250mm travel (which is 50mm more than the XC model).
- Longer Travel Aluminum Swingarm: The XE’s shot blasted and anodized aluminum swingarm is 32mm longer than the XC. This total length of 579mm improves the XE’s ground clearance and off-road capability.
- Advanced Ride-Enhancing Benefits: The Scrambler 1200 has ride-enhancing capabilities including torque-assist clutch, ride-by-wire, cruise control, liquid cooling, keyless ignition, heated grips, excellent fuel efficiency, and USB charging socket, making it easier to extend your ride for longer.
- 2nd Generation TFT Instruments: A stunning minimalist stylish design has two information layout design themes and includes personalization capability that allows the rider to include their name in the start-up sequence.
- Top-Of-The-Range Finishes & Detailing: To reflect its top-of-the-range status, the XE comes with all the premium details found on the XC model and more, including; iconic Triumph triangle tank badge, hand guards with aluminum brace, Brembo MCS lever and silver handlebar finish with black anodized risers & clamp.
- Adjustable Folding Foot Controls: Folding foot controls are included on both Scrambler 1200 models, the XE also allows the rider to alter the height of the brake pedal to suit their riding style or create greater clearance for off-road needs.
- Adjustable Handlebar Position: The Scrambler XE’s handlebar position can be adjusted with reversible handlebar risers, removable spacer, and angle-adjustable bars to better suit rider preference and riding style. For added comfort, the XE handlebars are 65mm wider than the XC’s.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel-twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 97.6 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 89Hp (66.2kW) @7,400rpm
- Max Torque EC: 81.1 FT-lbs (110Nm) @ 3,950 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with brushed high level silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel with aluminium cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, aluminium
- Front Wheel: Tubeless 36-spoke 21 x 2.15 in., aluminium rims
- Rear Wheel: Tubeless 32-spoke 17 x 4.25 in., aluminium rims
- Front Tyre: 90/90-21
- Rear Tyre: 150/50 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm fully adjustable upside down forks, 9.8 in. (250mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 9.8 in. (250mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm Brembo discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Offroad/Off-road Pro/Rider-Customizable)
- Width Handlebars: 35.6 in. (905mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 49.2 in. (1250mm)
- Seat Height: 34.2 in. (870mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in. (1570mm)
- Rake: 26.9 º
- Trail: 5.09 in. (129.2mm)
- Dry Weight: 456 lb. (207kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.2 US gal. (16 L)
- Fuel Consumption: 58 MPG (4.9 l/100km)
- CO2 Figures: EURO 4 Standard: 113g/km
- Engine Type
- 8 valve, SOHC, 270 deg. crank angle parallel-twin
- 1200 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.6 x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- X ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Showa 47mm fully adjustable upside down forks, 9.8 in. (250mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 9.8 in. (250mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 320mm Brembo discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/50 R17
- 61.8 in. (1570mm)
- Seat Height
- 34.2 in. (870mm)
- 26.9 deg.
- 5.09 in. (129.2mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 US gal. (16l)
- Dry Weight
- 456 lb. (207kg)
- Cobalt Blue and Jet Black, Fusion White and Brooklands Green