2018 Triumph TIGER 1200 XRX
Stock Image: Crystal White
The new mid-range XRX, with its more responsive engine, enhanced rider ergonomics and advanced technology, delivers a new level of performance, capability and style.
With all the features you'll find on the base XR, the new XRX adds a major step up with all-new technology, including: adjustable full-colour TFT display, ergonomic backlit switchcubes, keyless ignition, four riding modes, and LED lighting and DRL* all as standard.
Add to that a step up in core features, including; Triumph Semi-Active Suspension, optimised ABS and cornering traction control, heated grips and you get a brilliantly versatile adventure bike, that’s as perfect touring the world’s highways as it is for your everyday ride.
- Lighter by 2kg: The XRx weighs in at 2kg lighter than its predecessor, improving its handling and manoeuvrability. This has been achieved through over 100 enhancements across the whole motorcycle including a lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer and battery.
- More powerful and responsive engine: The thrilling new generation, Tiger 1200 XRx engine delivers more peak power 141PS (at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 122Nm (at 7,600rpm), for a more immediate power delivery and feel, and even better all day, smooth reliable riding.
- New lighter exhaust: The new shorter and lighter exhaust delivers a notably more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141PS / 139bhp (104kW) @ 9,350rpm
- Max Torque EC: 122Nm @ 7,600rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tires: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tires: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 48 mm upside-down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel (168 mm low seat version)
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi-active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel (158 mm low seat version)
- Brakes Front: Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and 4 rider modes (Road/Offroad/Sport/Rain).
- Width Handlebars: 830 mm
- Height Without Mirror: 1,470 mm
- Seat Height: 835 - 855 mm. Low seat version available: 815 - 835 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,520 mm
- Rake: 23.2 º
- Trail: 99.9 mm
- Dry Weight: 538 lb.
- Tank Capacity: 5.28 gal.
- Fuel Consumption **: 54.3 mpg
- CO2 figures **: EURO 4 Standard: 122 g/km.
- 2kg lighter than previous model
- Full colour 5" TFT angle adjustable display instruments
- Ergonomically backlit switchcubes and 5 way joystick
- All LED lighting including signature daytime running lights (DRL)
- LED self-cancelling indicators
- Keyless ignition
- 4 riding modes: Road, Rain, Off Road and Sport
- Triumph Semi Active Suspension (TSAS)
- Optimised cornering ABS
- Optimised cornering traction control
- Updated Cruise Control
- Comfort rider and pilion seats
- Heated grips
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 48 mm upside-down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel (168 mm low seat version)
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi-active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel (158 mm low seat version)
- Front Brakes
- Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 1,520 mm
- Seat Height
- 835 - 855 mm
- 23.2 deg.
- 99.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.28 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 538 lb.
- Crystal White, Matt Cobalt Blue