2018 BMW S 1000 R
Stock Image: Light White/Lupin Blue Metallic/Racing Red
SALE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE, TAX, DOCUMENT FEE,STATE FEES, OR DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS
Is your heartbeat connected directly to the tachometer? Then the S 1000 R is the Roadster for you. This model is stripped down to the essentials, but maximized for pure riding fun. Its aggressive engine with 165 hp/121 kW will put a smile on your face every time it revs up. And the rich sound of the new HP titanium rear silencer leaves no doubt: that's how life on the fast lane is supposed to sound.
Adrenaline on two wheels. The design.
Some call it naked but we just call it concentrating on the bare essentials. The genes of its brother-the S 1000 RR, are quite obvious: an aggressive tail-up/nose-down design, a distinctive split-face and other design elements. The greatly reduced side trim panel and precise coloring make it clear that the power delivery isn't the only thing that's pure and uncompromising. Three colors underscore the character of the bike: Motorsport, Catalano Grey and Racing Red/Black Storm Metallic.
The source of all dynamics: the engine.
The high-performance 4-cylinder in-line engine and main-frame tail section stem from the RR. With model year 2017 engine enhancements, its performance has been increased from 160 HP to 165 HP/121 kW. The entire engine speed range has extremely linear torque and constant forward propulsion. The electronic throttle lets you meter out this power even more precisely, while the race-tested Gear Shift Assist Pro lets you shift up and down without using the clutch which allows for quicker, more-dynamic shifting.
Room for adjustments. The equipment.
The S 1000 R offers you two standard riding modes: Rain and Road. "Rain" mode provides a gentle throttle response, with ABS and Automatic Stability Control (ASC) adapted for wet road surfaces. “Road” mode optimizes throttle response, ABS and ASC for dry asphalt. The Ride Modes Pro option now comes with launch control, pit-lane speed limiter and two additional ride modes-Dynamic and Dynamic Pro. Dynamic Pro mode is a configurable ‘user’ mode that allows the rider to customize their settings to suit their riding style. The Ride Modes Pro option also adds cornering-optimized ABS Pro and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), both of which account for the rider’s lean-angle.
Uncompromising. The individualization options.
The Premium Package is made for riders who want a superior level of equipment. The package includes: Shift Assist Pro, Cruise Control, Dynamic Damping Control (DDC), Heated Grips, Engine Spoiler, and Ride Modes Pro (including Dynamic and Dynamic Pro ride modes, DTC, ABS Pro, pit-lane speed limiter and launch control). There are additional single options available like HP forged wheels that save over 5 lbs. of weight.
- Type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 cc
- Rated output: 165 hp (121 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 84 lb-ft (114 Nm) at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.1 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system and knock sensor
- Emission control: Emission standard EU-4, HP Slip on Titanium-Silencer
- Maximum speed: over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 35 mpg
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: 406 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet slipper clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Chain 2.647:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 81.0 in. (2,057 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.3 in. (845 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.3 in. (1,228 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.0 in. (814 mm) Standard; comfort seat 33.1 in. (840 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 in. (1,805 mm) Standard; comfort seat 73.4 in. (1,865 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 452 lb. (205 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 897 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 445 lb. (202 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.1 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system and knock sensor
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.0 in. (814 mm)
- 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 452 lb. (205 kg)
- Catalano Grey, Light White/Lupin Blue Metallic/Racing Red, Racing Red/Black Storm Metallic