2016 Harley-Davidson® FLSTFBS - FAT BOY S
Call for Price
Sale: Now until 6/30/2019
FLSTFBS - FAT BOY S
Motoprimo also has used honda, yamaha, ducati, triumph, bmw, polaris, moto guzzi, victory, indian, slingshot, kawasaki, suzuki, kymco, can am, ski doo, artic cat
We went out to check the pulse of the street and then into the garage. The Fat Boy S® rolled out. Raw custom attitude with the most powerful engine you can get in a cruiser this year.
- Power Blackout: This takes dark to a new level. A powerful one. New gloss black Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled Twin Cam 110B™ engine, gloss black lower forks, axle nut covers, handlebar and riser. Black brake lever and hydraulic clutch assembly. Black over/under shotgun exhaust with slash cut mufflers. Take our word for it, it is blacked out from front to back and head to toe in attitude.
- Authentic Styling: Get an eyeful of a Softail motorcycle and you see more than some weepy-eyed exercise in nostalgia. You’re looking at the kind of style that has the power to defy time. Honest. Uncluttered. Unaffected by the fad of the moment. There’s a good reason for this. We’ve used our long decades on the road, riding, wrenching, talking to other custom bike fanatics, to discover what works. Then we stick with it, and use it to push the boundaries of motorcycle design ever further. Take a look at the horseshoe oil tank adorning our Softail models. It’s the same one you’d see on a restored dresser from the ‘50s, or a radical Panhead chopper from the ‘70s. And you’ll find it right now on future Harley-Davidson models that still on the drawing board. Other companies may be content to imitate bits and pieces from our long history. On a Softail motorcycle every part down to the axle nut cover comes from an authentic tradition. With a genuine reason for looking the way it looks.
- Iconic Engine: The air-cooled 45° V-Twin engine at the heart of every Softail model is a prime example of what makes a Harley-Davidson motorcycle more satisfying than anything else. Its clean, uncluttered shape fits perfectly in the downtubes of the frame. Twist the throttle and the surge of torque hits you exactly where it counts. The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it’s been put to particular good use to power the Softail family. We counterbalance the engine, which means we can bolt it directly to the frame. It keeps the styling tight at the center of the bike. It lets the rider feel the pulse of the V-Twin. Yet there aren’t any vibrations rattling the fillings out of your teeth. What’s good gets even better for 2016. The Softail family gets a power upgrade to the new Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ engine. More power is always a Harley-Davidson tradition.
- Technology: The beauty of the technology on a Softail motorcycle is that it never looks technological. That didn’t happen by accident and it doesn’t come easy, particularly when you consider that the inspiration for the family is the clean, wide-open lines of a vintage hardtail. Clutter it up with too many high tech doo-dads and you have a different machine entirely. Take a look at the anti-lock brakes now standard on many Softail models and available across the line. ABS gives you the control you want on a modern motorcycle. But our teams of industrial designers and engineers weren’t finished until the whole system had a streamlined design. The same goes for the clean look to the handlebars, thanks to a new electronic throttle system on every Softail model. With each passing year, adding a little technology to the ride looks better and better.
- Handling: If you’ve never experienced a Harley-Davidson Softail motorcycle, it’s time to find out what you’ve been missing. The venerable Softail frame has logged untold millions of miles, and we’ve put every one of them to good use. The result: one of the most fun rides in all of motorcycling. We’ve spent the years making the frame stiffer, the geometry more balanced and the braking more precise. The dazzling wheels are wrapped in premium Dunlop rubber. The low seats give you a confident feeling of being a part of the motorcycle. Get out on a rolling stretch of backcountry highway and it all comes together. The crisp and responsive ride. The killer looks. As long as we build motorcycles like this having a good time will never go out of style.
- Comfort: The authentic look of a Softail motorcycle comes from the days before anyone knew much about building a suspension. The rigid hardtail frames of yesteryear had a pure, uncluttered look that riders still love. But the bone-rattling ride meant your grandpa needed to strap on a kidney belt to keep his internals intact. The Softail family uses modern technology to consign the kidney belt to the museum. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad bike loaded with authentic style. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail model.
- Dark Design: When we say the Fat Boy® S model is dark, we mean black. Johnny Cash wardrobe black. Ace of spades black. Aside from the chrome rims, tank graphics and a few other assorted highlight, this machine is covered wheel to wheel in finishes as dark as midnight. The front console is gloss black; the brake levers, hydraulic clutch assemblies, handlebar, handlebar riser and triple clamp are black. The headlamp trim ring is black. Even the axle nut covers are black. The paint comes in two choices: Vivid black and Denim black. If you want to ride the dark horse, this is as dark as it gets.
- Blacked Out Exhaust: The gloss black 110 cubic inch counter-balanced V-Twin engine on the Fat Boy® S model feeds its sound to the world through 2 into 2 exhaust with blacked out pipes and mufflers.
- Fat Features: Big in all the right places. The 17-inch wheels of black bullet-hole, die-cast aluminum with silver rims definitely make an impression—especially with rubber 140mm wide in front and a beefy 200mm in back. And check out the chopsticks up front—fat front fork behind the huge, gorgeous headlamp. The handlebars are wide, giant stainless steel with bare-knuckle chrome risers. Plus, the fuel tank medallion boasts a generous slab of mirror chrome finish—noticeable on any stretch of road. It's a lot of fat in one tight bike. Definitely meaty. Wide. Big-boned. A bruiser. Call it what you want. Just admit that you want it.
- Black Bullet Hole Disc Wheels: These Black Bullet Hole Disc wheels speak for themselves. So this is the iconic look for the Fat Boy® model. You can roll with eye-appeal that’s thick with legendary Fat attitude, right off the lot.
- Fat Custom Style: Recalling the "hardtail" choppers of the '60s and '70s, the Fat Boy® S motorcycle keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. This is the original "fat custom" bike—laid-back and luxurious with an unmistakable profile on the road. But the nostalgic style isn't just about the confident stance, and old-school detail. It's how you look riding it. It's how it feels. It's the classic, relaxed riding position. You're not just cruising. You're in charge—kicked back on a throne of machined metal surveying your domain.
- Fat Custom Tank Details: This tank makes a statement with its leather tank strap, chrome side badges, and blacked out ignition switch console. The Fat Boy® S model speedometer face boasts a big, bold display for the odometer and an ancillary display for gear and rpm, so all the info you need on the fly is yours at a glance.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a dark, raw, hardcore custom bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- Screamin' Eagle™ Ventilator Intake: Sitting between the big cylinders on the Fat Boy® S model you'll notice a blacked out Screamin' Eagle™ Ventilator Performance intake marked by Screamin' Eagle™ 110 graphic that leaves no doubt as the muscle powering this machine. It features a high flow filter that lets the engine gulp air in massive quantities in order to make massive amounts of power. One look is all you need to know this is no stock machine.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Power: The Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ engine in the Fat Boy® S model is built to deliver awesome power and a smooth ride at the same time. Counter balancers dampen the vibration while the big pistons pump out the torque. You get big power on the low end and plenty to keep you on the high end. There's a reason we're called The Motor Company. And once you send some fuel to this one, you'll know what it is.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created this Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's commitment to life on two wheels.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-Cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. The colossal 110 cubic inches provide seemingly endless torque with adrenaline-pumping pull through all six gears. And counter balancing keeps the engine rock solid smooth through all six gears. Six speeds, a strong driveline and a low cruising RPM couldn't feel better.
- Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine Style: Pure. Dripping with power. A jewel machined out of metal. There's no mistaking the roots of the Screamin’ Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™ Engine with its Screamin' Eagle® badges: authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through. It's gloss black heads sit atop cylinders with machined cooling fin tips to highlight the muscular shape of the engine. It's a pure, powerful declaration of the value of staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- H-D® Smart Security System: The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. You'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Fat Dunlop® Tires: Fatter is better. Rubber 140mm wide up front mitigates feedback from the street for a smoother ride. And the beefy 200mm rear tire provides a confident feeling of sure contact with the road and excellent traction under braking. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Front Brake System: The front brake system on the Softail® models this year delivers a 40 percent reduction in the amount of lever force required at peak braking. The handlebar master and front cylinders have been restyled. There's a new 4-piston fixed caliper with 32 and 34 mm pistons, premium caliper piston coating to minimize initial displacement and a larger 300 mm rotor. It all adds up to more stopping power with less effort.
- New Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: When you've put as many miles as we have in the saddle, you get a strong feel for what’s right and wrong on a motorcycle. Even the smallest annoyances start to add up with each passing mile, and that’s especially true of the way the handlebar feels in your grip. So we worked over the hand controls with as much passion as we worked over the engine powering the Fat Boy® S motorcycle. The shapes feel good, and are angled to fall right under your thumbs. It’s just one more way each new mile feels even better than the ones that came before.
- New Electronic Throttle Control and Cruise Control: The minimalist styling of the Fat Boy® S motorcycle gets even cleaner with the addition of standard electronic throttle control. Take a look. There’s no cable cluttering up the handlebars. Cruise control is also included, standard. The switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb. That’s all it takes to give your wrist a break and keep on hauling down the road.
- Standard Anti-Lock Brakes: When it comes to the Fat Boy® S model with ABS, "stopping power" has a double meaning. The components of our ABS are tastefully stylized within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. More importantly, though, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Low Profile Black Handlebars: These beefy 1-1/4-inch bars not only add to the overall Fat styling, with internally-routed wiring for a bold clean look, their ergonomic design and reduced-reach positioning provide comfort and confidence as you guide your ride whether you're heading across town or onward to the horizon.
- Narrow Seat: To go along with the dark look, we added some ergos to make sure every inch of this bike pays off in pleasurable riding. We slimmed up the seat itself. With the seat shape, frame and rigid powertrain, you can be sure you'll feel a solid, comfortable connection with the bike and the road.
- Full-Length Rider Footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried and true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride. And heel-toe shifting for confident shifting every time. It takes a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth heel-toe rhythm, you'll never give it up. The toes of your boots won't take the same beating, either.
- Length: 94.1 in. (2,390 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 24.3 in. (616 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26 in. (660 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 31.6
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 140/75R17 67V
- Tires, Rear Specification: 200/55R17 78V
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 709 lb. (322 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 739 lb. (335 kg)
- Engine: Screamin' Eagle® Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™
- Bore: 4 in. (101.6 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 110 cu in (1,801 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Black over/under shotgun exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 108 ft-lb (147 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 4,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 26
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 25
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warning, low battery, ABS
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Screamin' Eagle® Twin Cam 110B™
- 110 cu in. (1,801 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 4 in. (101.6 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 140/75R17 67V
- Rear Tire
- 200/55R17 78V
- 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 24.3 in. (616 mm); Unladen: 26 in. (660 mm)
- 31.6 deg.
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 709 lb. (322 kg)
- Vivid Black