2014 Honda CB 1000R
Our Best Gets Even Better
Known for being the best overall liter bike package, the CBR1000RR cements its stellar reputation with several improvements for 2014, including a new ride position, a new windscreen and engine and exhaust modifications for more power and torque.
The future’s looking bright indeed—especially if you’re on a 2014 CBR1000RR.
Even Better For 2014: We’ve increased power with a revised cylinder head, exhaust and air intake. We’ve also changed the riding position and added a new windscreen to improve rider-vehicle connection, especially in track use. We even went with a new-wave key to reduce weight.
Front and Rear Suspension: The CBR1000RR features suspension in both front and rear. Up front, the 43mm Big Piston Showa fork is smoother and more responsive; in the back, the Unit Pro-Link design uses a balance-free rear shock with a double-tube design for a smoother response and better road-holding feel (traction performance).
LCD Instrumentation: The CBR1000RR’s full-screen LCD instrumentation includes a lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.
- Revised Cylinder Head And Exhaust: The 2014 CBR1000RR features changes to the cylinder head, including revised valve seats, machining and intake exhaust port shape. Along with modifications to the intake and exhaust systems, this creates more horsepower and torque.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: The CBR1000RR features two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance, instantaneous high-rpm response and great low-rpm metering and clean running. Refined EFI settings make the engine even more manageable, with smoother throttle response specifically at smaller throttle openings.
- Twin-Spar Aluminum Chassis: A four-piece aluminum frame design balances strength, rigidity and lightness. Wrapped tightly around the engine, the structure helps centralize the CBR1000RR’s mass for more responsive handling—some of the best anywhere on two wheels.
- Big Piston Fork (BPF) Front Suspension: The CBR1000RR’s front suspension uses a Big Piston Fork (BPF). The 43mm Showa fork is smoother, more responsive and gives you excellent front-end feedback.
- Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension: The CBR1000RR features front and rear suspension. In the back, the Unit Pro-Link design uses a new balance-free rear shock with a double-tube design for a smoother and more accurate response.
- Gull-Wing Swingarm: The CBR1000RR’s braced aluminum “gull-wing” swingarm is deliberately long. That helps deliver improved traction and gives the rider excellent chassis feedback.
- 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels work with the new fork and enhance suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of back-torque through the driveline, upsetting handling. Not the CBR1000RR. Its Honda-designed assisted slipper clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs, ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR1000RR’s 4.7-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but more importantly it helps centralize the bike’s mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- Layered Fairing: There’s no mistaking the new 2014 CBR1000RR, thanks to its layered fairing bodywork. Lean, mean, more aggressive from front to back, it’s a real attention getter, even when it’s standing still.
- New Windscreen: On all 2014 CBR1000RR models, a new, bubble-shaped windscreen works in concert with the new rider position changes to reduce wind resistance.
- Revised Rider Position: The footpegs have been moved further back 10mm, and the handlebar angles have been revised inward and downward to move the rider triangle slightly downward and forward.
- LCD Instruments: The CBR1000RR’s full-screen LCD instrumentation includes a lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 55.1 mm
- Induction: Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 46 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.4 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 220 mm disc
- Front Tires: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tires: 190/50ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.0 deg. 3 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 96.0 mm (3.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 32.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 440.9 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel— ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 41 MPG
- Available Colors: Black, Pearl White
- Model Id: CBR1000RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Note: Standard against which all other literbikes are measured
- One Year: Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 x 55.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 46 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability; 5.4 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR-17 radial
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.2 in.
- 23.0 deg. 3 min.
- 3.7 in. (96.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 41 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 440.9 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Black, Pearl White
- One Year transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.