2012 Yamaha STRYKER
Stock Image: Raven
Totally Custom Even Before You Customize It.
The Stryker is the coolest bike to roll off the assembly line since the Raider took the industry by storm. With its raked out front end and "fists in the wind" riding position, this bike is pure attitude. And with an 80-cubic-inch V-twin, and a beautiful final belt drive, the Stryker churns out plenty of low-end torque that gets to the ground in a very satisfying way. It's time for an attitude adjustment.
• A muscular, forward-lunging look reinterprets iconic custom “chopper” styling for the 21st century. High-end looks without the high-end price tag.
• Gutsy 1304cc, fuel-injected liquid-cooled V-Twin engine churns out the inspired, big-engine feel riders will love.
• Even with its radically raked out front end, Stryker has the superbly nimble and lightweight handling that choppers and mid-class competitors can only dream about.
• Low seat height (26.4 inches) allows riders to put both feet on the ground and helps provide this bike’s natural, relaxed and comfortable riding position.
• The wide 210-series rear tire and chopper-inspired 21-inch front wheel reinforce the muscular styling of the bike.
• No cheap plastic fenders here—this authentic cruiser has real steel fenders customizers love. Classic belt drive, too.
• Get started on your own customization with two trim packages in high-quality chrome, or an aggressive looking, blacked out package.
• The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
• Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude. Ignition and fuel injection maps are optimized for Stryker’s performance character.
• Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
• Ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
• 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
• Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
• Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
• Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean, pure looks.
• The exhaust system, designed specifically for Stryker, adds to the awesome look of this bike while also optimizing its engine performance—and it has a magnificent exhaust note.
• Stryker delivers handling unmatched in this mid-size custom cruiser segment. And the steering head that is visible on this double-cradle steel frame helps give the bike its lean, lightweight image.
• The 6° yoke and raked triple clamps combine to provide a total of 40° of fork rake. This achieves the aggressive raked out styling image and solid straight-line performance you’d expect, while at the same time providing light, nimble handling characteristics, even at low speeds.
• Seat height is low, just 26.4 inches, letting the rider feel in rather than on the bike when riding, and enjoy having both feet planted firmly on the ground when stopped.
• Steel fenders—rather than cheap plastic fenders found on some competitors—are one of this bike’s authentic cruiser features. Steel fenders are ideal for customizers who want to cut, chop or modify their bikes.
• Cast wheels have low profile tires. A wide 210-series rear tire and 21-inch front wheel add to the aggressive attitude of the bike.
• The relaxed riding position is complemented by the carefully chosen handlebar position, which puts the rider’s arms comfortably level with the horizon, with a “fists-punching-the-wind” attitude.
• When Stryker is parked, it’s sure to draw attention. Precision machined details abound, like the slit pattern in the headlight and meter. The rear fender over the wide rear tire is richly sculpted. It’s clear that this is no run-of-the-mill cruiser.
• Large 320mm front and 310mm rear discs provide serious stopping power.
• Aggressive, tough custom styling theme sets Stryker apart.
• The beefy 1” handlebars connect right to the upper triple clamp for exceptionally clean looks.
• Instrumentation includes a fuel meter for rider convenience.
- Type: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 83.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Steel double cradle
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 3.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 310mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70-21M/C
- Tires / Rear: 210/40R18M/C
- Wheels: 5-spoke cast aluminum
- Length: 99.6 in
- Width: 33.9 in
- Height: 44.5 in
- Seat Height: 26.4 in
- Wheelbase: 68.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
- Fuel Economy: 40.9 mpg
- Wet Weight: 646 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- 80 cu.in. (1304 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0 x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 5.3-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 3.9-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 310 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 68.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- 40.9 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 646 lb.
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)